- Caffeine-Withdrawal Headache
- Continue with caffeine addiction to avoid headache
- Acupuncture support to quit caffeine addiction
- Cluster Headache (most disabling type)
- One-sided pain, behind or above eye
- Pattern of: headaches in groups
Triggers: Alcohol, nicotine or certain foods
Options: Avoid your personal headache triggers, Acupuncture
- Migraine Headache (severe)
- Visual Disturbances
- With or without aura
- Worse with physical activity
Triggers: Stress, Genetics, Hormonal changes, Lack of food/ Lack of sleep
Options: Pay attention to your triggers and avoid them, Avoid stress. Try Acupuncture; it is well known for effectively resolving migraines (click here to see this article)
- Tension Headache (not severe)
- Most common headache type
- Constant dull, achy pain
- Constant tight, pressure across forehead
- Tenderness in shoulder, neck, or both sides of head
- Worse with stress, anxiety and jaw clenching
Options: Stress reduction (psst! Acupuncture helps!)
- Facial/ Jaw Pain Headache
- Pain: cheek, ear, temples, teeth or TMJ jaw joint
- Worse with clenching teeth or poor posture
- Bruxism (grinding teeth)
- TMJ problem (temporomandibular joint problem)
Options: Apply heat, jaw stretches, mouth guard, Acupuncture treatment
Acupuncture is a great place to start managing headache or pain, regardless of the type.
Acupuncture is a safe, non-invasive, drug-free, non-habit forming medical treatment.
Many doctors are increasingly referring their patients to licensed acupuncturists for treatment of headache or migraine when medication has proven ineffective or for patients who prefer a non-drug treatment method.
Look for an acupuncturist in your area to see if acupuncture can help relieve your headache or migraine. Make sure the acupuncturist is not only certified, but also licensed. You want to be sure your practitioner has been properly trained.
Be sure to check back for our next blog on headache pain you should NEVER ignore…
Don’t wait- call Ackerman Acupuncture today for your free consultation or to schedule an appointment.
Expert acupuncturists in Anoka specialize in Pain Relief and Wellness and treat all types of pain conditions, including pain from headaches. We treat all types of headache such as, cervical muscular headaches (headaches with pain starting in the neck), cluster headache, tension headache, sinus headache, jaw pain, TMJ (Temporomandibular Joint) pain headache, neck and shoulder tension headache, migraine headache pain, trigeminal neuralgia headache, facial pain headache and stress-induced headache. Anoka’s best Acupuncture Clinic with Acupuncturist Specialists providing Pain Management at Ackerman Acupuncture, Near Coon Rapids, MN.