Your Brain & Your Belly…
Did You Know … ?
- Dehydration causes brain sag! Yes, you read that right. Your brain actually pulls away from your skull when you become dehydrated (No wonder lack of water can lead to headaches & impaired brain activity) (Research on dehydration & brain function by the NIH)
- By 2050, People 85 or older will have almost 1 in 2 Chance of Developing Alzheimer’s (Watch this TED Talk “Alzheimer’s Is Not Normal Aging-and We Can Cure It” by Researcher Samuel Cohen)
Acupuncturists at Ackerman Acupuncture in Anoka treat patients for memory issues due to hormonal imbalances, improper diet, and irregular eating, mild to some moderate Traumatic Brain Injury (T.B.I.) or from what is generally referred to as “brain fog” from unknown reason.
- Excess Belly fat is linked to Alzheimer’s & dementia (link to further reading)
- Meditation strengthens neuroplasticity of the brain.
Side effects of meditation include increased calmness and increased empathy towards others.
We provide a very calming and relaxing treatment experience for pain relief, emotional balance and wellness in Anoka. The ambience at Ackerman Acupuncture is warm and inviting with cozy, private treatment rooms.
Many drift away in the peaceful environment, and fall asleep during treatment. Relax, you are in good hands.
- There are over 100 million brain cells in your gut.
What if you are what you eat? What if you are what you think? (BBC News link)
Ackerman Acupuncture is experienced with treating patients for weight loss and depression/ anxiety using acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine food therapy.
You are provided with easy-to-follow diet tips to lose weight and feel good in general with increased energy and balanced mood in Anoka.
Written by Aleesha Ackerman, Lac.
To see more blog posts like this visit http://www.ackermanacupuncture.com/blog.html
Call today to make an appointment at 763-477-1338
Visit the website at http://www.ackermanacupuncture.com/
This article is not intended to replace any health care.
No information on this site should be relied on to determine medical diagnosis or treatment for a medical condition. As with any health concerns, always be sure to consult your health care provider with any health concerns.